Terms and conditions
At the time of registration a minimum of 3 sessions need to be booked per week.
A non-refundable registration fee of £65.00 is payable at the time of registration. A £300 refundable deposit must also be paid at registration. This is deducted from the final invoice when the child leaves Hummingbirds Montessori School. This is non-refundable should you wish to remove the child from the waiting list, or not take up an offered place. If we cannot offer a place to the child, the full £365 deposit will be refunded.
Details of the nursery's account for deposit & registration fee
Account Sort Code: 090129 - Account Number: 40219127
Please use your child’s first name and surname as a reference
3. Fees will be invoiced in advance. Invoice for each term will be due during the term before - at half-term. For example payment for the summer term invoice will be sent during the spring half-term. Failure to pay by the due date may result in a written warning and ultimately withdrawal of the child’s place.
4. If your child is absent for any reason please let the school know by 9.30am.
If your child becomes ill during a session, the school will contact you or one of the emergency contact names on your registration form. The child will then need to be collected immediately. The child should not be brought into school if showing symptoms or suffering from any communicable disease. The child should not return to school until after any infection has cleared. Children must not return to school for 48hrs after vomiting or diarrhoea. The school will regularly take advice from local GP’s on up-to-date recommendations for exclusion and incubation periods for common illnesses. A list detailing these is available for parents to read in our policies folder. The school can only administer medicine once the consent form has been signed and the medication must have been prescribed by a medical professional and labelled clearly with the child’s name.
5. Children will only be permitted to leave the premises with a person over 16 years old.
6. If you are unable to collect your child from school for any reason, please contact the school as soon as you can and tell us who will be collecting your child (and ensure they know your child's password and if possible provide a photograph). Please refer to our Child Collection Policy for more details.
7. I agree to give Hummingbirds Montessori School one term written notice of the withdrawal of my child from the school. This notice needs to be given on the first week of the child’s last term at the latest. I accept that I shall be charged outstanding fees for any notice period not given on time, plus I understand I will not be refunded the £300 deposit if I do not provide the required notice period.
8. Term fees are worked out annually over 35 weeks and divided into termly payments (irrespective of bank holidays and nursery closures). This means that parents/carers are billed the same amount each term (unless any extra sessions are added). Unfortunately, we cannot offer discounts for time taken for holidays and sickness.
9. Fees are subject to a yearly review. They generally average approx 5% (though this is a guide and may change without notice)
10. Please note, if your child misses one of the sessions (breakfast club, morning session or afternoon club) for any reason, sessions cannot be made up on another date nor refunded.
11. To secure a place (provided there are places available), parents are requested to pay a non-refundable registration fee of £65.00 and a deposit of £300.00. The deposit will be deducted from your final invoice (provided you have given the required notice period of one full term). A place will be confirmed approximately 6 weeks prior to the child’s start date. If, due to unforeseen circumstances no place is available, the £365 registration fee and deposit will be refunded in full.
12. If we are not able to offer your child a place, parents will be invited to join the waiting list. If you accept, you will be required to pay a non refundable registration fee of £65. The waiting list will be kept in order of registration date. Priority is given to siblings of children already attending Hummingbirds. You will be notified as soon as a place becomes available. Once offered a place, a £ 300.00 deposit is required to secure your child’s place.
13. For children who are accessing the Universal Early Education funding, any additional sessions and services will be charged at the standard rate. This will be identified on the parent/carer invoice and explained in detail in our school policies.
14. Payments can be made by bank transfer. If additional services have been required over the term, they will be specified on the invoice and parents may choose to settle the standing balance by cash or bank transfer.